Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wheels travelling today!

Mom and I will be on a plane at 7am heading to Philadelphia. I've attended the American Occupational Therapy Conference before in Long Beach, CA and in Miami, FL but this time it is a different experience. I'm attending as the Iowa Alternate Represenative to the "legislative" body of AOTA - I get to experience how things are run at the national level. The Task Group I am involved with involves Complex Rehab Technology...this involves the higher level wheelchair evaluations. The AOTA is trying to give guidance to what CRT is, education/experience needed, and referring on to someone else if one does not have the skills. This runs parallel to what the vendors/suppliers at the Continuing Education and Legislative Advocacy conference, NRRTS and NCART, along with the white papers taken to the Hill in Feb trying to get a separate benefit for CRT. Also will be taking a variety of courses on wheelchair evaluation, stroke and hand rehabilitation, Wii for Parkinson's, and LOTS on driving/community mobility. I may not post again until next week but will have LOTS to share! (and will probably be doing some back ground information on CELA and the other advocacy work/learning I've done in the last year! Have a GREAT week!

1 comment:

  1. You are a mover and a shaker changing the world!~ Good luck at the conference :-)

    ReplyDelete