Friday, April 1, 2011

Representative Assembly

On April 12th, Mom and I will be travelling to Philadelphia for the American Occupational Therapy Association Conference where I have the honor of serving as the Iowa Representative to the legislative body of the association. I requested to be part of the task group affiliated with Complex Rehab Technology, since that is also what I know most about from advocating for a bill to be passed regarding this.....In this format, it is trying to decide how the AOTA and OT's will best serve clients needing wheelchair evaluations. Very interesting to be involved in yet another aspect of wheelchair use. Fortunately, most of the association is for having higher guidelines for OT's serving those needing Complex Rehab Technology. It will be an interesting trip in many ways. Although it is reminding me that I have NO political dreams! All this legislative process drives me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment