Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Wheelchair!

Got the news yesterday that my new wheelchair is waiting for me in Des Moines, waiting for my final fitting! It is granny smith green for a change of pace. It's a little disappointing knowing that I don't even qualify for the same quality/category chair K0005 through Medicare and settled for a K0004 (even though I could probably not tell you the difference between the two - except that they told me the axle was different and they are changing it our for me). I just hope it rolls better for me! I just think it stinks that I've had to fight for 2 years for this chair and it's not even the same type as my current chair. That even the company I'm working through, has had enough denials even at the judicial level that they will not even be offering the K0005 chair anymore because NO insurance is covering it. Just wrong! For those of use who rely on our wheelchairs as our only source of mobility, we should qualify for the chair that will last, not break down and even prevent injuries, that may keep us from living our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn! Welcome to the blog world! I agree with you re. the wheelchair issues. Makes absolutely no sense!!!!!

    ReplyDelete