Saturday, April 9, 2011

Loneliness

Being a wheelchair user in a small town can sometime be very lonely. There are many things in my everyday life that are "out of the ordinary", that many people take for granted - going up and down stairs, access to bathrooms, spontaneity, travelling without planning etc - some of which I just can't do alone. I miss my independence and not having to have a "helper" mainly my ever reliable mother who I would really struggle without. It sometimes sucks to live with my parents, to not have a significant other to rely on instead. BUT, everytime I start feeling a little bad, I'm reminded how truly lucky I am. I have a very supporting loving family....I have the most amazing friends....I have luckily been open to being in the right place in the right time to live the life I live. So maybe the moments of loneliness have the purpose of reminding me that with all my blessings, I need to stay positive, be appreciative of what I have, and use what I've learned to help others not be so lonely :)

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a wonderful person, Jenn! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete